Create Your Own Online Community with Faves
By partnering with Faves.com you can leverage our social community and widget based technology to create a thriving community on your own website. The Faves system is easy and quick to deploy and can be customized to match your website and your brand.
Increased reach so more interested people can find your articles
- Get access to a million monthly Faves visitors. Faves visitors can see your article abstracts with links back to your website.
- Serve up article abstracts from sister publication websites to your readers based on their interests.
- Users see recommended articles that they missed so more readers see each article.
Increased User Engagement bring people back to your site
- Increased page views
- Additional time on your site
- More return visits from your users
- Editorially moderated trusted content
Rapid development of your online community
- Exposing your article abstracts to the Faves community can quickly generate votes, comments, and opinions about your articles. Faves kick starts your own community with more social activity sooner.
- The Faves system is very easy for users to understand and requires no signup. We do away with the barriers to getting started as a social reader. People just visit your site and start voting, commenting, and tracking topics immediately.
- Our system only requires that you add a few script tags to your website template to get started. So deployment is low risk and can be done quickly. Faves lets you go live sooner.
Ability to tune your content for your online readers
Use our analytics to see which topics people are tracking and find popular articles. This gives you insight about which topics will generate the most social activity and the most traffic. Faves analytics let’s you tag smarter and prioritize your article navigation to match the interests of your readers.
Faves Publisher Partners Get:
A turnkey social news System that Integrates the Following
- Individualized user profiles
- Individualized recommended reading
- User voting, tagging and commenting on articles
- User bookmarks of favorite articles
- Administration panels for moderation, user management, and metrics
Faves professional services handle almost everything needed to customize, deploy, host, and moderate the system on your site. We provide the following services:
- Configuration of terminology and style to match your brand
- Hosting and support
- Moderation of users and content
Cross promotion to the Faves.com Community
Faves will publish your article abstracts and link-backs on Faves.com. We can also run promotions that place your content on our main “What’s Hot” page and list your publication in a prominent position in our topics directory. This provides more exposure to the Faves community and gets your site more comments/votes/tags faster.
The Faves Technology
Architecture and Components
The article widget is placed next to each article that you want voted on your website. This widget allows users to make the following social gestures:
- Follow a topic
- Leave opinion
- Share through email, Faves, Digg, etc.
Gestures add articles to the user’s profile page and finds related articles through other user’s tags.
Personalized pages iframes
The personalized pages are individualized for each user and serves as a portal into your website.
- Recommended Reading: This page displays the most popular articles from the topics that the user is following.
- My Profile: Displays the user’s commenting, voting, and tagging history. It provides an easy way for the user to revisit favorite articles.
- My Topics: Lets the user find topics that may interest them or delete topics they no longer follow. It also recommends topics that the user may find interesting based on correlation with other user’s interests.
The moderation system keeps inappropriate content off of your website. The problem is simplified here because spammers cannot only link to your website and because users cannot privately message each other. It is still important that you are able to control any user generated content that appears on your website.
- Sandboxing of comments with black-listed words: If the comment or the user name includes a black listed word then they are private. So the user can see themselves and their comments, but nobody else sees them.
- User reputation tracking: As users spend time on the system and build up their non-black list comments, tags and bookmarks their reputation improves. Their comments and votes count for more and are more likely to be surfaced.
- Administrator’s moderation panel: Allows monitoring of user activity and reporting on black listed words. Users can require moderator approval based on reputation or use of black listed words.
Social and Topical Metrics
User metrics handle traditional web analytics tracking for the Faves widgets but it also has additional social and topic based data such as tracking interest and page views by topic, or social gestures by article.
The user management panel tracks activity by user, creates or delete accounts, and edits user reputation settings.
Integration with the Faves.com Community
We can accept an RSS feed from you and convert your posts to article abstracts on the Faves.com website. As the Faves community interacts with those articles we add that activity to your website.
- Fully hosted and managed service
- Tier 1 data center offers a temperature controlled environment, emergency back-up power, and a top ranked Internet backbone
- Smart caching ensures most requests are served directly from RAM for the fastest delivery time
- Asynchronous delivery ensures that your page load times are unaffected
- Redundant web and server database design prevents single points of failure
Widget-based model for simple deployment
The Faves system accessorized your existing pages rather than replacing them. This means that you can easily incorporate Faves on to an existing site just by adding a few script tags to your CMS templates. Our widgets feature an AJAX driven UI for rich interaction that is fun and easy for your users to understand.
Faves Company Fact Sheet:
Founded in October 2004, Faves.com (originally called Blue Dot, Inc.) is a Seattle-based company whose mission is to help people find the highest ranked web content across a broad variety of topics. Through a new type of communication described as Social Discovery®, Faves.com delivers recommendations personalized to each user's topics of interest. Through a unique Topic Network, Faves.com users are connected to other members who are making the highest quality recommendations of interest to them. Faves.com is led by an experienced group of entrepreneurs formerly from Microsoft®. The company currently employs five people and has raised $1.75MM from angel investors.
Faves.com Web Traffic Metrics:
Average daily activity for February, 2008.
- 1,703 Submissions
- 628 Votes
- 45,385 Visitors
- 72,088 Pages Views
- Setup varies depending on amount of configuration. Typical is about $10,000 to $20,000.
- Monthly hosting starts at $500 and is tiered by page view volume. Fixed pricing and volume discount are available.
- Outsourced moderation services are also available.
To learn more about getting started please call (206) 925-3545 or email us at email@example.com.